Sunday 29 March 2015

CLEAR HEAD

Now and then I just have to clear my head …














Visiting an interesting exhibition is a good way of getting a clear head, certainly on a rainy Sunday morning. I’ve immersed myself into the world of British fashion designer Paul Smith. A lot of visuals, images, pictures, videos, colour, inspiration … I’ve absorbed it all like a sponge. Luckily I was alone so I could take all the time that I needed. 

Some key things I've took home with me:
‘less is more’, ‘keep it simple’ 
‘design is something very simple, don’t overdo it’
‘difference between looking and seeing’
‘a lot of people look but don’t see = danger’
‘inspiration is everything you see’
‘photography = visual diary’
‘designing by words, images, creating shapes’ 
‘surprise’

But most important: ‘EVERYDAY IS A NEW BEGINNING’

The exhibition ‘Hello, my name is Paul Smith’ is a fascinating trip into Mr Paul Smith’s world. A great way of spending a rainy Sunday morning (or any other day). I've enjoyed it a lot! 

Now I can’t wait to work on my new project! Exciting!!!!! Follow on Facebook or Instagram 

'Hallo, mijn naam is Paul Smith' nog tot 7 juni 2015 in het Modemuseum Hasselt. Echt een aanrader.

No comments:

Post a Comment