Thursday 29 August 2013

PREPARING for OEVERTURE

These preparations are for Oeverture, a design circuit in the city centre of Ghent along the Leie.
I’m not exhibiting alone,








In a previous post I told you about dying leather myself. Over the years I’ve been experimenting with dying leather, refine my technique. I’ve been trying out something new. In my next exhibition you can see the result of my experiments.

Red is still my favourite colour and very beautiful in combination with natural veggie tanned leather. The natural colour of the leather will change, it will darken. That makes it even more beautiful.
A sneak preview of what to expect...

These preparations are for Oeverture, a design circuit in the city centre of Ghent along the Leie.
I’m not exhibiting alone, 3 friends/designers are joining me. Jeannine Vrins (atelier oker - ceramic) will present her new lighting objects, Ilse Acke is weaving a new scarf and Lievandrie is making porcelain jewellery.

Maybe you already guessed but our theme for the exhibition is RED or ROOD. Because RED is the colour of passion and desire. The passion for our craft. Craft meets design.




During Oeverture there are 24 locations to discover. More info on the website (only in Dutch). You can find our exhibition Friday 6, Saterday 7 and Sunday 8th September 2013, 10h-17h30, at Serweytens in Onderbergen 39, center of Ghent. WELCOME!

Click here for the result of our exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment